Bullet feeder

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Chickenthief

Bullet feeder

Postby Chickenthief » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

So i got a Lee Pro 1000 for 45 ACP and a bullet feeder to go with it.
Large tube and replacement tubes for the case feeder from Lee is a match.

Happy as a pig in mud as i could fill several tubes with bullets and dump them when the single tube runs low.

Now for the thing.

I bought all thats needed to go 9mm.
But the case feeder tubes are a way sloppy fit for those small cases but the bullet feeder has an insert tube that fits 9mm cases perfect and 9mm bullets fine.

So i wanted to buy a handfull of tubes of the small kind, but: No Sir!
Nowhere to be found on Lees www.
As a spare for the bullet feeder i can buy then at $2 a piece but not 7 pcs for $8.

Is way sloppy good enough?

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

The case feeder uses the same size tubes for 9mm, 40, 45, etc. but uses a different base that the tubes go into that has an aluminum insert where the single case comes out.

--VS--

Image[/img]

Also, there is a large and small case slider. 45 uses large and 9mm uses small

--VS--

THRASH

Postby THRASH » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am

Just put the small bullet feed tubes inside the 4 larger tubes (as long as the tube base is the smaller caliber one with the metal insert, or the tube would fall through with the case on the other), I just tried it for my .380 and works perfect, so far, on a dry run. So first I heard of this, so is this a new mod? It bothered me before that the .380 cases were so zig-zaggy in the tubes.

EDIT: If the smaller Lee tubes are too much $$, then here are two other sources, you want 7/16" that will go inside the 9/16" tubes. I used these sources to put 24" tubes on the case feeder and 21" on the bullet feeder, mucho more rounds ready to load:

http://www.petmountain.com/product/pond ... pactRadius

http://www.freshmarine.com/ce-pet-010838160203.html

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”