Loadmaster Primer Feeder -- Tray compatibility?

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

pdoggeth

Loadmaster Primer Feeder -- Tray compatibility?

Postby pdoggeth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Also I was just wondering, the Loadmaster primer feeder tray looks awfully like the primer trays used in other Lee products.

I'm just wondering if they're the same. I already have a single stage easy-prime system that has detachable primer trays. Will these be able to fit on the Progressive Primer Feeder chute? Because I notice that Midway sells the primer feeder chutes barebones as well, without trays.

Hey , if it can help save a few bucks... why not?

erle

Postby erle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:52 am

The LLM primer trays will also fit on the following: Pro 1000; New Auto-Prime; Ergo-Prime; and new Bench Prime.

THRASH

Postby THRASH » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:03 am

erle wrote:The LLM primer trays will also fit on the following: Pro 1000; New Auto-Prime; Ergo-Prime; and new Bench Prime.

The previous LM round trays will work wherever the new flip-over trays work. But the key here is "New," as in the new hand primers and presses all have new tray connectors now, but not very available yet. The new Ergo-Prime I got last month from Titan is the previous version and different tray. One tray, all the way! Pretty good idea Lee...

SauceNM

Postby SauceNM » Mon May 02, 2016 9:46 am

I got some of the new square, foldable trays. I liked the idea that it had a shutoff for installing it on the Loadmaster.
After trying to use them for about a week, they are going back on the shelf. Too many jam-ups inside the tray.

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Mon May 02, 2016 12:34 pm

SauceNM wrote:I got some of the new square, foldable trays. I liked the idea that it had a shutoff for installing it on the Loadmaster.
After trying to use them for about a week, they are going back on the shelf. Too many jam-ups inside the tray.

My folding trays get jammed up on occasion using small primers (I don't load anything with large primers, so don't know about those). I notice they get jammed between where the little ramp is molded into the side edge and the lower edge of the diamond like shape on/off slider. I popped the slider out and filed the left/right side corners more flat which helped alleviate the jam ups but still blocks them when in the closed position.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Sat May 07, 2016 8:13 am

I also have problems with jam ups using the new trays. They are ultra critical as to the position of the lock/open switch. Just out of persistent spite, I am still using them, but they may be more trouble than they are worth.

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”