3D Printing Powder Disks

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Buckeye Marksman

3D Printing Powder Disks

Postby Buckeye Marksman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:09 pm

I know of at least two commercial ventures that offer 3D printed or resin cast versions of Lee Auto Disk powder measure disks. But after I ran across one of SBfarmers designs he inspired me to create a collection of 3d printed powder disk projects.

Some of my designs include:
- Simplified Two hole disk with set screw pilot holes
- Simplified Two hole MicroDisk clone
- MicroDisk drop bar clone

All of my designs were created in OpenSCAD and source code is provided. You may also open my designs in the customizer and adjust some of the dimensions.

As these are works in progress, please double and triple check dimensions. Also, depending on printer tolerances, you may want to print 0.5 mm taller and wider followed by some custom fitting (i.e., sanding).

Please let me know what you think.

Buckeye

daboone

Re: 3D Printing Powder Disks

Postby daboone » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm

I hope these get marketed. I'm to old and tech challenged to even consider making them. It would be nice to be able to drill the cavities to fill the CC voids. Thanks for sharing these innovative ideas.

Buckeye Marksman

Re: 3D Printing Powder Disks

Postby Buckeye Marksman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm

daboone wrote:I hope these get marketed. I'm to old and tech challenged to even consider making them. It would be nice to be able to drill the cavities to fill the CC voids. Thanks for sharing these innovative ideas.

These are customizable. You can open the designs in the Customizer and select custom hole sizes, or custom cavity volumes...

My local library has a 3D printer, and will print files for the cost of the filament used -- they quoted me a price of $3 to print one of these.

Here's a preview:

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”