Case Spinner Stud

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

daboone

Case Spinner Stud

Postby daboone » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I like Lees Case length Trimmers, especially for 30 carbine and 7.62x39. It's faster and easier than the Lymans or Wilson trimmers. But in an effort to speed thing up I pick up the 3 jawed chuck and the case spinner stud for it thinking it would be nice to use my battery screw driver like the lock stud they offer with the shell holders.. Nope, the spinner stud will work only in the jaw chucking drills.... The case holder lock stud doesn't work with the 3 jaw chuck either.:(

Thought someone might want to know.

daboone

Lee'sReply

Postby daboone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 am

Lee Precision
to me

Mr. Boone:

I'm sorry, but we do not offer a screwdriver adapter case spinner stud. I will forward your recommendation though.

Thank You,
Lee Precision

daboone

Postby daboone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:34 pm

As I started this thread and it seemed to have ended with me but I didn't let my hopes for the 3 jaw Chuck lay forgotton. 8)

I LIKE the Lee Case Length Gauge/Holder system for trimming large quantities of brass (for me that's more than 100 cases). Tightening the little lock stud up against the shell holder disagreed with old arthritic fingers. The 3 jaw chuck with it's larger body seem like it would make the tightening easier and now that I've taken the time to understand how it work it DOES!

As Lee didn't make the modification I mentioned in the above post I used a 223R case, a retired Lee knob and epoxy to put together what is pictured.

Making the 3 Jaw Chuck work correctly requires not just closing the jaws into the rim. That won't do it. It's necessary to continuing to tighten the case spinner stud (the equivalent to the lock stud) till the stud is tighten down against the case's head in the 3 jawed chuck by securely twisting the chuck's lock ring. Again this forces the case spinner stud to tighten on the case head. It's really simple to do after a slight bit of practice. Ain't that something, learning how to use a tool correctly? :roll: :oops:

:D

daboone

Postby daboone » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:54 am

Although this seem to be a thread in which I'm the only participant.:roll: :lol: I thought I'd update it again. Lee is now making a 8-32 threaded cutter adapter & lock stud for case prep stations. Which makes fitting together pipe parts to hold the cutter sorta unnecessary.

The nice thing is seeing Lee Precision paying attention to our needs. :D

motopic

Postby motopic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Just so you aren't talking to yourself.

I also like Lees minimalist approach to the tools, but I also agree, the little pieces are hard on the fingers.

It would be nice if they were a little bigger in such a way as to not hurt the fingers. My thought is a small radial hole, into which you could insert a roll pin or something, anything to get a little better leverage. Or make them just a tab bigger diameter.

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”