Lee Bulge Buster Kit

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 am

I know this is a old thread, but while researching the Lee Bulge Buster Die setup I noticed that Lee has an added disclaimer with this Kit:

Glock Cases: We do not recommend "fixing" cases fired in pistols with unsupported chambers, because there is no way to make them safe once they have bulged. The case wall is thinned where it bulges, and resizing the outside of the case back down to the correct diameter does not restore the case back to its original thickness. If this case is fired in a pistol with an unsupported chamber again, and this thinned section of brass happens to line up with the unsupported part of the chamber, there is a high probability that the case will rupture.
Just an FYI, and personally I haven't read of a case failure caused injury.
S45

carload9

s45

Postby carload9 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:52 pm

i dont think glocks are that bad anymore. Read the redding bb kit disclamer, if they look real bad like they use to years ago toss em.

I decap em in designated llm, then wash then bring to my arbor press and do them each & check head stamp. I toss em if they look bad.

lee states you can run live ammo thru bb kit.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 pm

I have reloaded cases fired in Glocks with no problems. That doesn't mean problems will never happen, but I plan on continuing to reload them.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:30 pm

The older Glocks were notorious for case bulges due to an unsupported portion of the case when the round was chambered. A friend of mine had a 40 cal. He gave me all his once fired brass since he did not reload that caliber. I couldn't reclaim more than 75% of the brass due to the bulge problem. The bulge buster would sheer open the case. He has since replaced that weapon with a 10mm G20 since his 40 cal went KABOOM!

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”