Lee Bullet Feeder and Dillon 1050

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Do you find that the Lee Bullet Feeder helps production or quality of your loads?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:14 am

Yes to both
No votes
Yes, it improves production rate but hurts quality of load
No votes
Yes, it improves my loads but doesn't save me any time
No votes
No, it messes up both and I threw it away
100%

Total votes: 1

noylj

Lee Bullet Feeder and Dillon 1050

Postby noylj » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:14 am

Does anyone use the Lee Bullet Feeder on their Dillon 1050 or know someone who has?
I bought the Lee Bullet Feeder kit and manually cycle it on my 1050. So far, even with sticky cast bullets covered in LLA the thing works great.

daboone

Postby daboone » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 am

Your poll doesn't cover the category I'm in. I had it but didn't find it helpful. I sure any problems I had with it could have been resolved. For my reloading style and safety concerns I feel the bullet feeder would have no benefit.

uniquedot

Postby uniquedot » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:33 pm

I have not used the bullet feeder but am thinking of giving it a try simply because it is so inexpensive. The one thing i am wondering is if it actually does place the bullets as accurately as Richard Lee claims "more accurately than possible by hand" of course i don't own a 1050 and am thinking of adding it my loadmaster.

noylj

Postby noylj » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 pm

I plan on testing some loads. My feeling is if you take the time to set the bullets straight up, it may not have any effect. However, the fingers grip the bullet as it enters the die, so there is no sudden shifting of the bullet.
I'm not that interested in that aspect, but if I can load tubes and hand cycle the assembly instead of pawing through the bullet bin to pick one up. May just be a toy, but for the cost, it will keep me entertained for a while.

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”