WTB Lee Classic Turret and Load Master

This forum is for people to buy, sell and trade RELOADING supplies and equipment only.

Moderator: darwin

rekarstien

WTB Lee Classic Turret and Load Master

Postby rekarstien » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Looking to buy a couple of press can either Lee Classic Turret or Load Master or both I trying to get one for each calibur I shoot.

erle

Re: WTB Lee Classic Turret and Load Master

Postby erle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:31 pm

If you are mechanical minded and don't mind tinkering, I recommend the LLM. I have two. One I keep set up for .223 only and the other one I use for all calibers of my pistol reloading. I have just about all of Magic Mike's mods on both & recommend them highly.

I personally prefer to do all my other rifle reloading on a single stage press, so the turret would suit me.

Erle

rekarstien

Postby rekarstien » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Yes I have 2 of Mikes LLM Lee Classic Turret and a Lee single stage press I was looking to add to my equipment I shoot a lot of 223 9mm and 45 so I want to keep the setup Im looking for something to all the others calibur I shoot from time to time. Lee had some Classic Turret refurbed for around $30 a few week back but I missed out on the by the time i found out about it they were gone.

Bob

Reload.40cal

Postby Reload.40cal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 am

What are the magic mikes mods?

erle

Postby erle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Mike is a retired engineer who loves to shoot and reload. Being an engineer he has devoted many, many hours to trying to improve the Lee Load Master. He is also a super nice guy and is always willing to share what he has learned and tried with others here on the forum. I understand there are a few reloaders who have minimal problems with their LLM but most of us have had some major issues.

I could take the time to explain each mod that he offers, but it would take a lot of space. It would be best for you to go to his website: mikesreloadingbench.com. His mod's improve the priming system, c.o.l. of cartridges, consistency and steadiness of operation. He also offers some much improved parts over Lee's.

I have two LLM's and I had continuous problems with the original priming system as it came from Lee. I now have all of Mike's mod's on both of my LLM's and I can use them without any problems, AS LONG AS I CONCENTRATE AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM DOING. When either machine messes up now (usually sideways or missed primers) it's my fault.

Erle

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Howdy;
If you don't have a LLM Press and you're looking for one, I reluctantly will sell mine. I need the bench space and I'm downsizing to all single stage presses for precision Rifle shooting. The press I have is outfitted with several of Magic Mike's parts (trued and machined Turret); Stabilizer plate; and Shake Brake Plate. Also comes with (5) shell plates: 14L; 4S; 3L; 1S; and 19S. Also some spare Lee parts. No powder measure (the one on it was crap and I junked it). As it sets it would cost over $300 retail and I will let her go for $250 + shipping, or best offer.
Thanks;
Gary

PS. I will send pics if there is any interest .

Return to “Buy, Sell and Trade”