WTB Pool Ball

This forum is for people to buy, sell and trade RELOADING supplies and equipment only.

Moderator: darwin

daboone

WTB Pool Ball

Postby daboone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:21 pm

I pick up a old used CO-AX press and would like to shorten the handle and add a pool ball. I remember some you you got into doing this a while back and was hoping someone might have a ball left? PM me if ya got one that's for sale.

I had added pool balls to my other Lee Presses a while back but my source dried up.

daboone

Postby daboone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Darwin for the PM and the Ball!

Does this mean I have to stop giving you a hard time? :roll: :lol: :lol:

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 pm

daboone wrote:
Does this mean I have to stop giving you a hard time? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anybody that goes through life with the name Daniel Boone gets some free "give people a hard time" points in my book!

I actually know a Davey Crockett, too!

daboone

Postby daboone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:32 pm

My dad was a country Doctor. He was bet a fifth of whiskey he wouldn't name me Daniel if a boy was born or Bonnie Marie so I'd have the initials BM...... funny if your a doctor. I've had a very good time with my name and zero complaints..... well in high school I was called ba-boone!

tojo

my wood handle finally broke.

Postby tojo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 pm

After trying to fix with gorilla glue ( didn't hold up well) I'm in need of something else. I see the billiard ball looks like a clean repair. Can someone tell me what /how to drill this.
thanks,
ToJo

daboone

Postby daboone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 pm

I used a Forstner wood drill bit and a hand drill. I think any drill bit would work. Just measure the handle for the size bit needed. I also start by drilling a pilot hole. Epoxy should keep it hanging on for the duration.

darwin
Site Admin

Re: my wood handle finally broke.

Postby darwin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 pm

tojo wrote:After trying to fix with gorilla glue ( didn't hold up well) I'm in need of something else. I see the billiard ball looks like a clean repair. Can someone tell me what /how to drill this.
thanks,
ToJo

Do you have a billiard ball and need to drill it? I used a regular drill bit, I don't remember what size. I think I measured the shaft where I thought the billiard ball would be when fully attached. I filed grooves in the handle and used J-B Weld, IIRC.

I bought a set of billiard balls a year or so ago. I may have a couple left if I can find them.

zuke

Re: my wood handle finally broke.

Postby zuke » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

darwin wrote:
tojo wrote:After trying to fix with gorilla glue ( didn't hold up well) I'm in need of something else. I see the billiard ball looks like a clean repair. Can someone tell me what /how to drill this.
thanks,
ToJo

Do you have a billiard ball and need to drill it? I used a regular drill bit, I don't remember what size. I think I measured the shaft where I thought the billiard ball would be when fully attached. I filed grooves in the handle and used J-B Weld, IIRC.

I bought a set of billiard balls a year or so ago. I may have a couple left if I can find them.

And I still Thank you when I use my Loadmaster!
Big ball's do make a difference ;)

tojo

Postby tojo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:12 pm

thanks for the respons'. I have some billiard balls, just wasn't sure as to drill them.I guess the tapered handle was confusing me a little.

websterz

Postby websterz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:35 pm

I just finished putting an 8 ball (what else?!) on one of my LM's. I drilled the hole 1/2" diameter then used a small sanding drum on my dremel to enlarge and taper the hole. I used 2 part epoxy to glue it on. With the epoxy in there it makes an air tight seal and the pressure tried to push the ball off. I duct taped it in place and let it cure for 24 hours. I'll take a pic when I remove the tape tomorrow.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 pm

I put a Que Ball on my Loadmaster handle. Drilled in to it and wobled the bit around until I got the taper about right. The qlue I used was CA glue or Super glue it is called some time. The fit was tight on the tapper so with the glue in it I tapped it on tight with a rubber mallet.

A couple months ago somebody said they ground a flat wood bit to the propper angle and drilled a hole in the ball that way. I have to mount one on my latest Loadmaster so I will be grinding a bit to drill that hole.

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:19 am

Yup, take a spade bit, can't remember what size I used right off, maybe 3/4" and grind a taper on it to match the taper of the handle. Worked great! :)

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

myloadm61 wrote:Yup, take a spade bit, can't remember what size I used right off, maybe 3/4" and grind a taper on it to match the taper of the handle. Worked great! :)

ML61. Gets my vote for good ideas today.

I'm going to grind a spade bit for this purpose. Do I need to grind a cutting edge on the taper?

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Just try and match the present angle/taper on the sides, should work fine. I agree, ML gets a gold star for this fix.

carload9

sr

Postby carload9 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:21 pm

handles:

my cl-1 case swager no has a left over dillon tall handle on it. ML, have ye ever done any case swaging? Called bb in lee world. Case swage in rcbs world.

Return to “Buy, Sell and Trade”