Back from the left coast

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

magic mike

Back from the left coast

Postby magic mike » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello all,

Just got back from a two week trip to southern CA. I was born there back in '48 and moved to IA in '59 with my family and for some reason I moved back there after I got out of High School. I'm pretty sure it was the car culture that lured me back. It was fun as I was fortunate enough to buy the first 1969 Dodge 440 Six Pack Super Bee in Orange county from Brookhurst Dodge in Garden Grove. It is now a run down furniture store. Sad. I paid $3,947.13 for that car and I still have the original window sticker. One sold the other day at the Barret/Jackson auction for $225,000.00! Kinda wish I would have kept it!

Went to a few gun stores and saw first hand what the left wing media and knee jerk liberals are doing to those of us who cherish the right to own firearms. It was like a feeding frenzy with people having to take a number and stand in line to get waited on. There were no AR style weapons of any description displayed and any kind of ammo was scarce to non existent. At one store who has their sales counter divided equally between the shooting sports and fishing gear, there was not a soul at the fishing counter but the gun counter was at least three deep! It was like this everywhere I went. Listening to the news I heard that as of Jan,1 there were going to be in excess of eight hundred new laws going into effect out there! Nice weather, cool things to look at and killer cars but friends that's it for me. I have never been happier to live in TX and I have never been happier to be back home from a vacation. Now I am headed to the range to get my new DPMS Bull 20 out of hock.

mike

PS Sorry I posted this in the wrong place. Old age is slowly winning.

base871

Postby base871 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Heck, they say it was a zoo at the gun show in Tucson,Az today, so I can only imagine what Ca is like.

I could never live there. And its not just because of the gun laws. I just dont like Ca, unless I'm at Tahoe!!!!!!!

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm

I like California...beautiful state, warm weather, great back country, outstanding Parks, great beaches, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been....unfortunatly it's full of, well, Californians.. :roll:

Reload

Postby Reload » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:41 am

Same thing is going on here in MI. The shop I help out at has been swamped for months now. We've even had to lock the door during the day until we get the herd thinned, then we can let more in.

I think anywhere that has a decent size population base is experiencing an insane amount of traffic.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I part timed in a small LGS in Michigan until I moved down to Tennessee. We were swamped from opening till usually an hour after official closing. AR's, 1911's, carry guns all were OOS for the most part. We had ammo, but the backroom stock was getting skinny. Most of the high demand stuff had "hold for XXXX" special order tags on it. Same for all AR's. Down here it does not seem so crazy, but the gun shows are kind of swampy.

Return to “Odds and Ends”