8mm Mauser?

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

Hawkmoon

8mm Mauser?

Postby Hawkmoon » Thu May 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Does anyone here load for 8mm Mauser? I need to come up with a load for someone who bought a small ring Mauser that was rebarreled from 7mm to 8mm. Mauser people who know a lot more about these rifles than I do have advised that it isn't safe to shoot full-power 8mm loads through a rifle like this, but that it should be okay with "light" loads.

Whatever that is. Would that be the starting load out of a reloading guide, or even lighter than "starting"?

The rifle owner has some 8mm brass. I have a press. We have no powder, primers, or bullets, so I am open to suggestions as to what might be a good starting (and ending) point for a safe load to push through this old beast.

Thanks

motopic

Postby motopic » Fri May 31, 2013 9:40 am

I have no idea without any research, but if you have consulted with actual real Mauser experts, I think I would listen to them. Its not like thats a new system, its been around over a 100 years.

Before making a second, potentially deadly mistake, I think I'd consult with a recognized mauser smith and expert.

My advice to you is to not load anything for that weapon. If anything happens, you will get blamed or worse, sued.

carload9

forum

Postby carload9 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 am

castboolits forum

Return to “Odds and Ends”