forums have slowed

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

carload9

forums have slowed

Postby carload9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Iam on bout 5 or six forums, they have all slowedbig time in last month. Guess the newness wore off. As many pistols and reloaders that were sold in last 6 weeks, ya would think there would be lots joining all kinds of forums.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 am

I wonder if people are having a hard time reloading because they can't get primers or powder....

I'm glad to hear that all forums have slowed. I thought it was only this one. :D

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:00 am

Like I mentioned before;

No powder, no primers, no bullets, no brass, no problems therefore no posts!

There just isn't anything available in my area that I can use or will pay for. I have paid as much as $55.00 for 1,000 primers and I killed me to do it but if I want to shoot that's what i had to pay. Powder is the real hang up for me now. I had pretty much standardized on Varget but as of now nobody around my neck of the woods has any. Rifle bullets are another problem because all I can shoot at my local ranges are hollow points or soft points and they are like hens teeth down here. I did find a source for LRP the other day so at least that part is better. No SRP yet.

Maybe now that the focus of the media is moved to the "next big thing" some product will start to show up on the shelves.

mike

carload9

shootin forums

Postby carload9 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:20 pm

No Darwin , not just this forum. Even castboolits has slowed.

Mike, you should move down here to nc.

dcorrick

Postby dcorrick » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm

I must be lucky in my area of northern Ohio. From October until Late April, there were no small pistol primers to be found in this area, or much of any primers except for shotgun primers. All of a sudden, they appeared at several gun stores in the area, along with powder. I have bought about 9000 primers since then. They will only allow one box of pistol primers, and one box of rifle primers at a time, but I can live with that. They have powder in 1, 4, and 8# containers, and about any kind you want. Bullets are still scarce, but since I cast most of what I shoot in handgun, that is not a problem. I stopped in to the store last evening, and bought another box of CCI small pistol primers. The store with the most stuff, had mostly CCI and Federal primers. I have found pretty good supplies from Ashland to Canton. Going price for 1000 CCI SPP is $32.95. Up slightly from the $27.95 I was paying last year, but not bad if you can get them. An 8# containers of Unique, or Bullseye is going for $99.95. I think that is the same price they charged last year. I am also seeing cases of loaded pistol ammo in most calibers, but all stores have limits of 2-4 boxes, depending on the store so they can keep some on the shelf. Rimfire Ammo, like 22LR is going for $34.95/500, but it is hit or miss to find it as people buy it up as soon as it hits the shelves.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:09 am

I'll drop by my local gun shop and see what, if anything he has. The last time there was a shortage, he couldn't get primers for over a year.

Return to “Odds and Ends”