Bass Pro

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

doranj

Bass Pro

Postby doranj » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Normally I do not shop at Bass Pro because of price, but I recieved a gift card for a $100 & bought one of those range boxes & cleaning supplies. Good thing was the free shipping over $75. Thought I did pretty well. This past week I was comparing Brass, I needed 44 mag brass, they had Starline for 21.99 per hundred, same price as Midway, so I bought 2 plus some other items just over the 75 mark & free shipping. I really do love Midway because Larry does carry alot, but shipping pisses me off. Ive spent a few thousand at Midway & never thought about the shipping charges. Starting to look at other places for stuff. Grafs is a good place to buy, descent price, $6.95 handling fee. The norm for many places is 12 - 13 bucs for shipping on a basic order. Titan reloading has terrible shipping charges also. Ok Im done bitching because i dont like shipping charges. Just thought Id throw out there that Bass pro has free shipping over $75. Mostly there prices are a little higher, but you may find a deal.

Old 454

Postby Old 454 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 pm

I have Bass Pro 5 minutes from my house, I rarely go there unless I am desperate to find something.

I don't know about the ones in other peoples areas, but the one near me is way over priced, any thing gun related they just try to cheat the hell out of you.

doranj

Postby doranj » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:05 pm

454 Id have to agree with you on the overpriced of bass pro, I was just lucky on the things I got over the net. The one closest to me is about a 40 minute drive & looks like an amusement park. Tube of bore butter at a reasonable place is about 5-6 bucs. I bought a tube at bass pro for $12 cause i was new at black powder & didnt know any better. I use crisco now.

Blacksamwell

Postby Blacksamwell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am

I agree. Shipping charges can really take the fun out of finding a great deal online.

Fortunately where I live Midway is just one exit West on the interstate and Graf & Sons is 40 minutes in the other direction. I have to pay MO sales tax on my orders with both but I just pick up my goods in person and avoid the shipping charges.

Return to “Odds and Ends”