Recording load data

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

Hawkmoon

Recording load data

Postby Hawkmoon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:00 am

How do you all do it?

For a long time I only loaded .45 ACP, always using the same brass, the same primers, the same bullets, and the same powder. There just wasn't much need to keep track of anything. When I branched out into 9mm, it happened that my powder charge remained the same so, again, there just wasn't much to keep track of.

Through a combination of circumstances and coincidences, it seems I am about to branch out into several other cartridges, and it occurs to me that I should also run my two standard loads over the chronograph and record what they produce. Does anyone have a good spreadsheet or database for keeping track of reloading data? If so, would you please share it? I have both Excel and Access, so anything that will open in one of those two programs would be ideal.

If you know of any good, dedicated freeware applications for this purpose, please share the links.

Thank you.

erle

Re: Recording load data

Postby erle » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:32 am

I have looked at several but found that they asked you to record so many things that I did not necessarily want or need to keep a record of. I just made my own sheets using Excel & made only the columns I wanted, since I use it to record reloading only. Ended up printing them on 3 3/4" x 6 3/4" loose-leaf pages which I keep in an old Day-Timer notebook.

Back when I was recording for reloading & shooting & needed more columns & space for more information, I printed them on regular size paper & used a larger note-book.

Return to “Odds and Ends”