Does anyone else love this show?

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

Does anyone else love this show?

Postby darwin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 pm

Lock n Load on Showtime.

A gun shop outside of Denver set up cameras inside. They get quite a mix of people and there's a range in the basement so you hear boom boom boom all of the time.

The funniest thing is that Josh challenges women to shooting matches and always loses. The one this week looked like she was in her 70s or 80s and was shooting one handed and she STILL beat him.

He can't shoot worth a darn. You can shoot .50 cal down there. :P

Jumping Frog

Postby Jumping Frog » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 am

I don't get Showtime, so I can't comment.

But if you are talking a retail-oriented reality show, I get a big kick out of watching "Pawn Stars". Grandpa, Dad, and Son own and work a pawn shop. It is both funny and interesting.

There have been times that the son has had to take various rifles, crossbows, and muzzleloaders to the local range to see if they actually work before offering a price. Funny TV.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Directv gave us Showtime to us free for 3 months. I guess they feel guilty about all of our money they take every month.

I put Pawn Stars into my TiVo. Thanks for the suggestion.

Postby 356 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:53 am

I had never heard of either Lock N Load or Pawn Stars, but our cable company has an on-demand feature that allowed me to watch one fee episode of Lock N Load and episodes 13 & 14 of Pawn Stars. I enjoyed both shows, and got a kick out of some of the customers at the Gun Shop in Colorado...reminded me of one of my favorite gun shops locally.

Gosh, I just watched more TV tonight than I have in weeks. Good going, guys!

JohnMcD348

Postby JohnMcD348 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:38 am

The old lady was his Grandmother. I kinda wonder if he's really just that bad of a shot or if it was intentional. I'm still on the fence a little about the show. One episode he took some kids out to familiarize them with firearms and I thought it wasn't bad. Other times, watching him interact with some of the people that come in just kinda make me feel a little uncomfortable that he's representing us to the public.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:23 am

In the opening segment of every episode Josh holds up a target with VERY tight groups, but when he actually shoots he doesn't seem to be a very good shot.

There's a shooting range in the basement and they seem to be pretty busy. People can shoot anything up to .50 caliber. Boom boom boom.

I looked in the download section of my Directv DVR and found them - it looks like I got every episode. BTW, there are shows in there that are on channels I don't subscribe to, so even if you don't have Showtime and have a DVR, you might look.

I have similar mixed feelings about "The Shift" on Tru TV. It's filmed in Indianapolis, about 30 miles from where I sit. Cameras follow around a homicide detective team. I like the show and I watch it, but I feel really uneasy about the victims' families being filmed when they have just had a family member murdered. I saw a couple episodes of "Crime 360" and they were filmed in Indy, too, on a different shift. :D

Return to “Odds and Ends”