bought a ruger380/LCP

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm

magic mike wrote:In TX the concealed carry law means exactly that. If my gun even prints through my clothing and someone makes a big deal out of it, I go to jail. Fine line to walk down here.

mike

You need to work toward getting that law changed!

Blacksamwell

Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21 pm

darwin wrote:As for when I'm riding my motorcycle, I figure if people behind me see it, they may be inclined to give me a little more space..... :D

If you want a whole lot of space you can try this approach...

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 pm

darwin wrote:
magic mike wrote:In TX the concealed carry law means exactly that. If my gun even prints through my clothing and someone makes a big deal out of it, I go to jail. Fine line to walk down here.

mike

You need to work toward getting that law changed!

I just browsed TX carry law. All I can saw is what a confusing shame. Hope it gets straightened out.

carload9

hay

Postby carload9 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:42 pm

lets talk bout the lil' ruger380, sounds like you guys might need one for carry. hehehe.

rowe_s

Re: hay

Postby rowe_s » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm

carload9 wrote:lets talk bout the lil' ruger380, sounds like you guys might need one for carry. hehehe.

Hell yeh! They are easy to hide.

carload9

cc

Postby carload9 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 pm

yea, and this 2013 runs 100%.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm

rowe_s wrote:
I just browsed TX carry law. All I can saw is what a confusing shame. Hope it gets straightened out.

Indiana has one confusing law. Carrying weapons on school property. It's prohibited, but there is an exception for someone dropping off or picking up someone from school.

The way it has been interpreted is that if you get out of your car for any reason, even if you leave the gun in your car, and even if it is parked on the street in front of the school, that is a Class D felony. There are people in prison right now for not understanding this.

I scared the crap out of myself last week. I rode my motorcycle to pick up my grandson from school and forgot to leave my gun at home.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Darn mouse, posted before I hardly got started.
Be careful Darwin. My wife works at the school so I have to be careful too. I try to stay legal all the time. Except maybe businesses that post no weapons. Here it is simple trespass if you don't leave when they ask you to.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:17 am

rowe_s wrote:Darn mouse, posted before I hardly got started.
Be careful Darwin. My wife works at the school so I have to be careful too. I try to stay legal all the time. Except maybe businesses that post no weapons. Here it is simple trespass if you don't leave when they ask you to.

Same here. I'm careful, but simply forgot last week. Luckily, I was running a little late, so nobody was really in a position to see it.

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”