STI Spartan V

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

tnmedic

STI Spartan V

Postby tnmedic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:24 pm

I am thinking seriously about picking up a STI Spartan V to replace my FNX 45. I want an affordable 1911 and this one is made by a decent manufacturer. Anyone here play with one?

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:30 pm

I don't have a STI, but I hear good things about them. I recently purchased a Ruger SR1911 CMD that is a delight and purdy to boot.

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I have the STI Spartan in 9mm and I could not be happier with it. It runs like a watch and it hits right where I point it. (not exactly where I aimed sometimes. I'm so ashamed!)

My shooting buddy has one in 45acp and it is a tack driver also. You cannot go wrong with one IMHO.

mike

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:26 pm

I worked at a small gun shop up north after I retired and before I came down here. We carried the STI brand and I was always impressed with the fit and finish in a gun in it's price range. I had the opportunity to shoot one at our range. It performed well, was comparable to the Ithaca Arms M1911A1 that I carried in the military. While it is not a Kimber, Colt, Remington or Springfield, It does the job quite well. I believe we sold maybe 20 or so guns from the STI product line and I do not recall any coming back for mechanical reason. We did have one returned to us and subsequently to the manufacture for finish problems. I believe it was replaced by them. From my experience with them, I believe that it should be a good purchase. JMHO

tnmedic

Postby tnmedic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 pm

that is what I am seeing as well every where I look, good reviews and good customer service as well, next weekend cannot get here quick enough to get my hands on one.

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”