KIMBER PRO CARRY 2 45ACP

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

DOC H

KIMBER PRO CARRY 2 45ACP

Postby DOC H » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 pm

I bought a kimber pro carry 2 awhile back, I guess around Christmas. a present to my self. I had a springfield xd 9 sub compact. loved the gun but wanted a OLD SLABSIDES more power. MY QUESTION IS . I t didn't come with anbi safety so I installed that . It comes with a nice skeletonized comp trigger, but I have short stubby fingers. I replaced with a cylinder & slide short trigger & set the pull about 3.5 lbs . is that illeagal for a carry gun?

McKee Boykin

Postby McKee Boykin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 am

No!

erle

Re: KIMBER PRO CARRY 2 45ACP

Postby erle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:12 pm

[quote=is that illegal for a carry gun?[/quote]

Don't know about "legal" where you are but it is definitely unsafe for carry! Competition shooters sometimes adjust their pistols to 3.5 since they only shoot them on the line & never carry them.

My State does not have any legal restrictions on trigger pull weight. Most of us consider anything under 4.5 as unsafe for carry. Have heard of several Agencies that require their officers to have nothing under 5.5 for carry.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 pm

I agree with erle completely.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:21 am

I. too, think that is too light of a trigger pull.

Another thing to worry about is if you ever had to use the gun in self defense, the prosecutor or lawyer for the litigant in the case of a civil suit, would bring up how dangerous you are, having a gun with a "hair trigger"

In a life or death situation, you would never notice a heavier trigger pull.

DOC H

KIMBER PRO CARRY 2 45ACP

Postby DOC H » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:19 am

THANKS GUYS, i'll take that advise. it's a very good trigger , it feels right. The take up is only about a eighth on a inch as well as reset. it doesn't feel to light. Now my wife has a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. that has a hair trigger that even scares me.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Back in the late 70s I worked in a foundry. A guy that worked there had a shotgun in his truck. He was showing it to someone, and he actually LOADED it to show it to the guy. As he closed the action, he said "Be careful. It has a hair trigger".

Needless to say, it went off, sending a 12 gauge slug through the driver's door of his truck...

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:22 pm

I have read that when you are under stress, and your adrenalin goes up, you lose your fine motor skills. I think that this would make it MUCH more likely that the gun is going to go off when it isn't meant to.

Hawkmoon

Re: KIMBER PRO CARRY 2 45ACP

Postby Hawkmoon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:08 pm

DOC H wrote:I bought a kimber pro carry 2 awhile back, I guess around Christmas. a present to my self. I had a springfield xd 9 sub compact. loved the gun but wanted a OLD SLABSIDES more power. MY QUESTION IS . I t didn't come with anbi safety so I installed that . It comes with a nice skeletonized comp trigger, but I have short stubby fingers. I replaced with a cylinder & slide short trigger & set the pull about 3.5 lbs . is that illeagal for a carry gun?

Is what illegal? Using a short trigger, or a 3-1/2 pound pull weight?

Neither is illegal, but 3-1/2 pounds is lighter than just about any trainer would recommend for a carry pistol. 1911s for carry usually shouldn't be lighter than 4-1/2 pounds, and 5 is quite adequate is it's a clean break.

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”