CZ 75 B

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

doranj

CZ 75 B

Postby doranj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Anyone out there have a CZ75 B in 9mm. Ive been looking at the glock 34, xdm 5.25 & now the CZ. Ive pretty much made up my mind on the CZ cause it does come in stainless. I love stainless. Anywho, im sure it will shoot straighter than I can, but wanted some input if anyone owns one. Thanks

Hawkmoon

Re: CZ 75 B

Postby Hawkmoon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:57 pm

doranj wrote:Anyone out there have a CZ75 B in 9mm. Ive been looking at the glock 34, xdm 5.25 & now the CZ. Ive pretty much made up my mind on the CZ cause it does come in stainless. I love stainless. Anywho, im sure it will shoot straighter than I can, but wanted some input if anyone owns one. Thanks

I don't own one, but two co-workers do and I've shot both of them. I also did a formal review of the CZ 75B Compact. They are excellent firearms, well-made and reliable.

This may be heretical, but I'd rate the CZ 75B as pretty much equal to the Browning Hi-Power.

daboone

Postby daboone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Hawkmoon wrote:This may be heretical, but I'd rate the CZ 75B as pretty much equal to the Browning Hi-Power.

I'm pounding a stake in the ground and gathering fire wood. :twisted: :lol:

Just on the basis of the HI-Power history and proven worthiness plus I LOVE this old war horse. :P

doranj

Postby doranj » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:38 am

ordered the 75 B stainless should be here early next week. Ill post some pics.

doranj

Postby doranj » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Picked her up today. One of the best feeling guns I have. Love at 1st sight.

Hawkmoon

Postby Hawkmoon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 pm

daboone wrote:
Hawkmoon wrote:This may be heretical, but I'd rate the CZ 75B as pretty much equal to the Browning Hi-Power.

I'm pounding a stake in the ground and gathering fire wood. :twisted: :lol:

Just on the basis of the HI-Power history and proven worthiness plus I LOVE this old war horse. :P

No argument here, mate. I'm mostly a 1911 guy, but I've owned two Hi-Powers over the years, and I own one now. The Hi-Power has been probably as widely-adopted as the 1911, and if you limit the discussion to police and "civilian" agencies, a lot MORE widely-adopted. The CZ75B probably matches the Hi-Power, or exceeds it, in terms of the number of countries and agencies that have adopted it as the official duty weapon.

I wouldn't sell my Hi-Power to buy a CZ75B, but if a CZ snuck into my gun safe when I wasn't looking, I wouldn't throw it away. The same cannot be said for a Kimber or a couple of other brands of 1911. I wouldn't have a Kimber in my "arsenal." If you gave me one on Saturday, I'd have it sold by Monday evening.

Even better than the CZ75B, I really REALLY like the CZ75 Compact -- the one with the thumb safety, not the lightweight, decocker version.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-compact ... 4-rd-mags/

carload9

dj

Postby carload9 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:23 am

shot that cz one time, straight shooter. Smooth!

daboone

Postby daboone » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:24 am

carload try a real Browning HiPower. :lol: John Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design since 1855. I know I'm prejudice but seriously look at every firearm since his designs and he still rocks.

Admittedly I'm a C&R fan nevertheless the man was the Einstein of modern firearms. It wasn't till WWII that inventiveness reawakened and still stumbled until real CAD design was working. Genius is genius and we owe homage to the true pioneer of modern weapons.

I'm not knocking any CZ or any firearms innovations however still today there is not a weapon that equals the 1911 in the world of handguns. Almost every firearm fulfills a requirement but some just SHINE. One of them is the HiPower. Another the U.S. M2 50-caliber heavy machine gun has been the vain of many and enemy even in today world.

I know this is kinda of a rant but please allow an old fart to justify the joy of owning, handloading and shooting (tho not as well as I used to) some of the very fine C&Rs that paved the way for today's weapons.

Criticisms welcome I'm old and won't feel any regret. :P :P

carload9

db

Postby carload9 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am

well , l like rants from olde timers.

Closest i owned was a sig 938. Shot some reworked 1911's, some rich friends shoot 4&5 thousand $ 1911's on saturdays. Their 1050 dillons are motorized.

On November 26, 1926, while working at the bench on a self-loading pistol design for Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN) in Li?ge, he died of heart failure in the design shop of his son Val A. Browning. Even the 9 mm self-loading pistol he was working on when he died had great design merit and was eventually completed in 1935, by Belgian designer Dieudonne Saive. Released as the Fabrique Nationale GP35, it was more popularly known as the successful Browning Hi-Power pistol, a favorite of sportsmen and law enforcement.

carload9

db

Postby carload9 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:11 am

well , l like rants from olde timers.

Closest i owned was a sig 938. Shot some reworked 1911's, some rich friends shoot 4&5 thousand $ 1911's on saturdays. Their 1050 dillons are motorized.

John , On November 26, 1926, while working at the bench on a self-loading pistol w/son he died of heartatack. (9mm).

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”