DB9

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

Sparky45

DB9

Postby Sparky45 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

Saw a retail price of $275 on the DB9. I've never used one, but the price is right.

carload9

db9

Postby carload9 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

l was beta tester for them, ( the original peeps, all gone now). Taurus now gas takin over totally and owns DBF. My good friend scott perin went back to pipe welding dwn on the beach hi-rises. He was service mgr., the guy answered phone too.

The original owner would not listen to his employees and customers, ran it in the grnd (its still in the ground) and lost it with greed and stupidity and impatience.

Kahr's suit againt him (dbf) was a win win for kahr, dbf copied lower parts.

l hope taurus take the lil' pistols parts and re-engineers em and makes them work. Dang db9 shot straight as hell, like on a wire. l could barely hold onto the db-380. Dang kahr cw-380 is a great 380.

I still have lots of parts here for db, and can restore with complete tear downs, trained by them. Gallowayprecision.com has some great aftermarket parts for db's, quality.

john127

Postby john127 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 pm

That's really a shame because they are great little guns. I have the .380 version & I love it, except for a problem or 2 that I had to resolve myself. Couldn't get hold of customer service to ask them...they would never answer the phone.

Hope Taurus brings them back because I was looking into getting the DB9 before all the company problems arose. Wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole now.

carload9

john

Postby carload9 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 pm

well, a guy just waited 10 weeks on db9, l sold him a grip plug, he spoke about it on forum. Taurus sucks. l have a tcp that i built and guy up the road built a hammer catch for it.

After you shoot a cw380 kahr, your done with dbf. I dont know whether i would buy another db9 . Crying shame, nother americancompany went to S. America. Well, all the profit goes there.

john127

Postby john127 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Kahr's may be good guns but I wouldn't have one for 2 main reasons.

1) waaay over priced for what you get.

2) Person that owns & started the company.

carload9

john

Postby carload9 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 pm

hell john, nowdays a moonie want hurt ya, are there even any? Mooney's a angel compaired to a muslem.

Your wrong about price. New here for $319.

john127

Postby john127 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:45 am

Very true, but that this guy is the offspring of someone who made his living by duping the public leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for the whole family. You know what they say, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

But, I understand your appreciation for that product. They do make nice guns. Maybe, like you wrote, the prices are more down to earth now than they used to be.

carload9

john

Postby carload9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

Well they make pm and cw, in the past i had both. The cheaper one cw which they came out with year ago was better than the 550$ pm.

The G-42 is good to but not as small for carry and ive heard the G-42 will be offered in 9mm soon and be called G-54 or how many times it takes em to get it rite.

The smallest is tcp, (worst gun company from another country that is allowed to be in this country,, ) and took me and two others and ruger parts to get it working, but it is incredible with local made part, ruger parts, & parts from gallowayprecision.com

Holds eight and is compact w/mic holster for deep conceal.
The kahr cm-9 i have is great too./ never fails.

john127

Postby john127 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:40 pm

That's odd that you say that about the TCP because I've read mostly praise about it since it 1st came out. I was never really very interested in it after seeing & handling a DB.380 at a local gun shop. Was not really interested in Ruger's version of the .380 either for the same reason.

Fast forward to the pocket 9's & I'm reading the same thing about the Rugers, that they have a unusually heavy trigger. That steers me away from that gun for that reason & was a key factor in my interest in the DB9 since DBs do have a really nice trigger.

Now that DB is history I'm looking at Ruger again mainly because of their new model, the LC9's' that they came out with recently. It is reported that that trigger is very comfortable to shoot now.

carload9

john

Postby carload9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:08 pm

john This is "IMO".

Dbf is still there with new owner, worst service in the world.
You must have small hands, how do you hold onto db380.

New db9's here are $249. The latest!

With a taurus small florida made pistol, you have tobe able to build yourself.

Ruger, outstanding service. I think ruger (small semi's) pistols are ugly & berettas worst. Sorry. Just what i see. Some says glocks are ugly.

Taurus, Keltecs, diamondbacks, all made in fla.. All are not reliable IMO. I would never had got TCP running without chris and eric.

I like glocks and kahrs. Had a sig 938, should have maybe kept it. Sig has incredible service.

Would like this mossberg later:

john127

Postby john127 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm

No, carload, I don't have small hands. In fact they're larger than average but, for some reason, the DB.380 fits very comfortably in them. I think that's what many shooters discovered when they 1st held this gun...that it's very ergonomic. But, guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a pocket 9 now, unless I want to have to deal with Taurus customer service & go for the DB9. I agree with your take on their customer service though. They're among the worst.

That Mossberg shotty your displaying looks like it has one of those door buster muzzles on it...lol.

carload9

john

Postby carload9 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:35 pm

l would see taurus/dbfirearms service getting better. Guess!

you have the forum and Chris who is a genius with pistols.
You have eric galloway and his aftermarket db parts.
l sell grip plugs
Chris or Eric sells db9 trigger springs.(u hav to hav these)
I would not talk u out of db9, but you need to know and contac these services
Wax follower watchin TV and debur it
Run gun grease on rail for 500 rnds.
I may buy another db9

The christmas present will be mossberg in pic i sent you.

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”