Any AR 15 builders out there.

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

doranj

Any AR 15 builders out there.

Postby doranj » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Can you guide a fella in the right direction. My buddy bought this Anderson AR15 from someone. anyway it's a build in progress. He asked me to look at it. So the bcg does not fit into the upper correct. It sticks out a bit from being flush. Anyway number 2 it is the gas tube. The holes to pin the gas tube to the block do not line up. There are perforations in the tube that look like they can be cut for the tube to slide further into the gas block to line up. I have only built a lower twice. Never an upper. Anyone have any knowledge in this area. Thanks Jason

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 pm

I've built a few, and not an expert by any means. That said, with a good plan and all the materials in front of you, give it a go. Actually here's what I resource before any build, to refresh myself. YOUTUBE.. And here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8Rh5YrWYA

doranj

Postby doranj » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Sparky, thanks for the info. I will check it out. Im actually trying to fix this one for a friend. He bought it , tell ya truth I have no idea why. Anyway., I have narrowed it down to a few springs missing and the wrong gas tube. Im trying to figure out what gas tube to order. Im guessing mid, but not sure.

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”