Meet my new little friend

This is where we can talk about our guns. I'd particularly like to see reviews and range reports of your guns, especially if it is a model that others may not be familiar with.

Moderator: darwin

Sparky45

Meet my new little friend

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:35 am

Got her two days ago and finished setting her up yesterday afternoon. She is going to get her "maiden" out of the way this weekend.

Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, this Ruger Precision Rifle weighs in at a hefty 12.2 pounds with a full magazine of 5. I hope to be popping some steel this weekend, weather permitting.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:39 am

Nice rifle Gary. Have fun.

Steve

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Impressive Sparky. Waaay to many moving parts for me to keep track of!!

PS The "package" is 99.9% ready to ship.

mike

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 pm

magic mike wrote:Impressive Sparky. Waaay to many moving parts for me to keep track of!!

PS The "package" is 99.9% ready to ship.

mike

Not spoken like the true engineer that you are. See Mike, it only has a bolt to fiddle with, all the other things are already tuned in.
I got some ammo loaded up but couldn't get to the Lands because the mag size(length) was to short. Apparently some aftermarket mags will let me lengthen the OAL. It's been fun getting her all set up. Tomorrow I scrub the action and bore to make certain I don't by accident run some crud down the bore. Then, weather permitting, I will get her sighted in and pop some steel.

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Just had to give you a hard time Sparky. It's a good looking piece and you're gonna love it. Truth be known I'm jones'in so bad for a 6br I can't stand it. Soon as I get this new project off the ground I'm going to make it happen.
I see Vortex has a new 15 x 60 x 52 that is getting good reviews. US price in the $1500 range. Reviewer says it will give NF and March a run for their money. I am very interested as I have no complaints with the Vortex 6 x 24 I have now. Just need more horsepower at 600+. Old eyes.

mike

Return to “Gun reviews and discussions”