Ruger 44 Carbine

Everything that doesn't fit in the other forums. Keep it civil.

Moderator: darwin

doranj

Ruger 44 Carbine

Postby doranj » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Anyone load for the Ruger 44 carbine. Anywho I was sad about a a few weeks ago cause I had to get rid of a little 38 that I liked alot, but came upon a ruger 44 carbine from my father in law who is 83 & has no idea what day it is. Definately a good father in law to have, but I do love the guy. He had & still has some nice guns. He sold all of his pistols but still has 14-15 rifles left. I did the old 5 finger discount at the moment on the 44 carbine being that Im still broke but he put me on a payment plan of whenever. Anywho I was excited, found some loads for the 44 mag & used some universal ( powder that I tried to use instead of unique because of measuring properties, but have figured out I just like unique )I was trying to use up the universal. Making a longer story short he had a crap load of loads made for a 44 contender over 20 years old & seemed to be out of spec for the the 44 mag. Anywho I pulled 200 bullets, resized the case, dropped powder, seat & crimp, used the same primer & Im on my way to check this thing out. I was excited from the moment I got to the range, I had 8 or 9 guns with me & figured Id shoot the carbine last. 3 hours later I finally took the thing out loaded up 1 in the chamber & 4 in the tube. I pulled it fired & no ejection. I did this a few times each with the same result. Finally realizing that I loaded the thing for a girlie gun. So anyhow I single loaded all 200 rounds, they fired fine, just would not cycle out & I was not in the mood to pull them a 2nd time. Anywho again when I got home today I researched re loading for the 44 carbine & realized I wasnt the only dumbass that did this. So after researching 2400 & H110 have good results. I have both, but would like some input from someone that has reloaded for this beautiful rifle. Funny thing is the guy next to me today took his plugs out when I pulled it out. Relaxing his ear plugs I guess. Thought it was a 10/22. Did not realize he did untill after I shot & he said wtf is that it looks like a 10/22.

carload9

cant

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:20 pm

cant help but why not give us some pics of rifle and ammo? What press did you load ammo on

doranj

Postby doranj » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 am

Image[/img]
Just finished cleaning her up. After more reading it was def the powder charge I was using & powder choice

carload9

wow

Postby carload9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

wow, that is beautiful. My carbine is plastic and says keltec on the side.

Smitty62

Postby Smitty62 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 am

My brother in law has one. Shoots real well.Love the rotary mag.

tnmedic

Postby tnmedic » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:09 pm

I would love to find one of those that is affordable, they were sweet little deer guns back home in SEMO.

doranj

Postby doranj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Smitty, this one is tube fed not rotary. Looking forward to the next shoot. This gun when I picked up was painted camo. I stripped it & used birchwood casey tru-oil. Im happy with the way it turned out. Medic the old man has another one in the safe, camo also, dont know what hed want for it.

Return to “Odds and Ends”