This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

error404

lee case trimmer

Postby error404 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 pm

what exactly do I need to buy to "build" a case trimmer?!! :lol:

While everybody else sells a kit at MidwayUSA, lee sells bits and pieces like:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/476992 ... -lock-stud
"Lee Case Trimmer Cutter and Lock Stud" which by looking at the picture I'm not sure what attaches to what!?
he Lee Case Trimmer and Cutter is designed to be used with only Lee Case Length Gages and Shellholders (sold separately).

So, here is a .223 Lee Case Length Gage and Shellholder
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/107333 ... -remington

Do I need anything else? Can I attach it to a drill?

Will I better off buying something like:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/720825 ... d-9-pilots

Lyman Universal Trimmer Power Pack with Case Trimmer Kit, Power Adapter and 9 Pilots?

Thanks

tnmedic

Postby tnmedic » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I got the cutter with the big wood ball on it, easier for me to hold on to. You just screw the case length gage into the end of the cutter and the shell plate onto the stud, and the end of that chucks into an electric drill. The edges of the shell holder are sharp and will eventually wear a blister on your fingers so be careful. Let me get a picture taken of mine and I will post it here in a few minutes.

tnmedic

Postby tnmedic » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:26 pm

don't forget this tool, a reamer for after you trim your brass
[/img]

tnmedic

Postby tnmedic » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:27 pm

and yes I am sorry about my nasty computer desk that I have to share with my wife and a 3 year old daughter lol but you get the point I hope

carload9

doctorjerad

Postby carload9 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:55 pm

doctorjerad's 3 or 4 youtubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZuH3i4N1gQ

error404

Postby error404 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:43 pm

tnmedic wrote:I got the cutter with the big wood ball on it, easier for me to hold on to. You just screw the case length gage into the end of the cutter and the shell plate onto the stud, and the end of that chucks into an electric drill. The edges of the shell holder are sharp and will eventually wear a blister on your fingers so be careful. Let me get a picture taken of mine and I will post it here in a few minutes.

It kind of sucks it's not the opposite, If I could install the case length into a drill press and keep it spinning while I hold the shellholder/brass in my hand.... I think that would make more sense

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I went with the Lee Zip Trim and associated accessories. Less than $45 from Titan Reloading. The Zip Trim is a "pull the string" device and works well for me, easy one or two pulls on the string. I feel I have more control with that than with a drill motor system. Three jaw chuck accommodates most case sizes. I also use it for wiping lube from rifle cases and polishing cases.

Zip Trim - 90899
Three Jaw Chuck - 90608
Ball Grip with cutter - 90275
Appropriate case length gauges

gnslngr

Postby gnslngr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:24 am

I have started using the Lee Quick Trim Die and Deluxe Trimmer.
I did this because I needed to trim 204 Ruger cases and there is no other Lee alternative. I'm using it for 7.62x39mm as well. It's quick as the name implies.

daboone

Postby daboone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:08 am

Here's another way of simplifying the case prep tasks. I may have posted this a while back if so I apologize.

Image[/img]

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”