Adjustable Charge Bar

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

noylj

Adjustable Charge Bar

Postby noylj » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:32 am

I read about folks successfully using a Lee ACB on their Pro Auto-Disk.
Well, my ACBs don't work with my PADs.
Attached is a picture of the slot the lever goes in, what the ACB looks like mounted, and where the powder drops from the hopper, missing the ACB completely. If looks like it should be far enough back, but I would need to open the ACB by about 1/2" at lest for any powder to drop in the cavity.
Attachments
PICT0506.jpg
PICT0506.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
Powder in hopper misses the hole.JPg
Powder in hopper misses the hole.JPg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
Where the charge bar meets the Lever .jpg
Where the charge bar meets the Lever .jpg (102.95 KiB) Viewed 1723 times

prs

Re: Adjustable Charge Bar

Postby prs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 am

Darwin, I am sorry I did not notice this post sooner. Mine works just fine and dandy. But I rarely use it. If you would like, I can mail it to you so you can see what'ntarnation the difference could be. There is a little secret to getting accurate cavity settings. Always make adjustments in one direction. I always set it a bit too small and work up. If I miss (i.e. pass by the target setting) I reset the cavity to where it is well undersized and work-up again. If you try to just tweek it backward a bit, the thread tolerance throws you off a bit. Also, that looks like an itty-bitty cavity you are going for there. I use the micro-disk kit for that (well, I have used it; I typically toss a fair amount of powder.

prs

erle

Re: Adjustable Charge Bar

Postby erle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:52 am

It's been a while since I have used mine & I realize this is an old post, but I believe that you need to adjust the depth of the powder measure in the die holder to make the disc move back just a little farther on the down stroke. This will align the drop tube with the disc cavity.

Erle

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”